Take a look at the following formulas and create a DYNAMIC headline - for your business, website, social media post, advertising, etc. - that solves a problem, grabs attention and imprints your business name in the readers’ mind.
The examples in each formula make it easy to place your service or product in the headline to see what will be the best fit for you.
Headline Formula #1 - Who Else Wants…?Starting a headline with “Who Else Wants…” is a classic ‘social proof’ strategy that connects with an existing desire or implied need. Universal needs – like more money and better health are powerful messages that people pay attention to but can get overused in the Internet marketing arena. Make your headline powerful but also specific to someone who would be interested in what you offer.
• Who Else Wants the speed of a sportscar and the safety of an SUV?
• Who Else Wants a Higher Paying Job?
• Who Else Wants More Fun and Less Stress When on Vacation?
Headline Formula #2 - The Secret of/to…This is an attention grabbing line that is popular with marketers because it works. As a general rule, people dislike the feeling that they are doing something wrong or missing out on something. When you plaster the word “secret” into what you’re offering – you are telling potential customers that you are sharing insider knowledge that they might not be able to get anywhere else.
• The Secret of Creating Viral Videos on YouTube
• The Secret to Getting More Fans on Facebook
• The Secret of Getting Rich Doing What You Love!
Headline Formula #3 - Here is a Method that is Helping…When it comes down to the basics of selling you must go beyond the features of your product or service and answer the question that EVERY customer wants to know…”What’s in it for me?” This formula focuses on how what you’re offering to your target audience will benefit them directly.
• Here is a Method That is Helping Homeowners Save Hundreds on Insurance
• Here is a Method That is Helping Children Learn to Read Faster
• Here is a Method That is Helping New Writers Sell MORE Books.
Headline Formula #4 - Little Known Ways to…This headline is a more intriguing (and less common) way to accomplish the same goals of headline formula #2 - “The Secret of…” headline. Again this is all about creating a desire to know the information being provided and exclusivity that you are the only one offering it.
• Little Known Ways to Save Money When Shopping at the Grocery Store
• Little Known Ways to Hack Google’s Gmail the Legal Way
• Little Known Ways to Lose Weight Like the Movie Stars do (& it’s safe!)
Headline Formula #5 - Get Rid of [insert problem] Once and For AllThis is a classic formula that identifies either a painful problem or an unfulfilled desire that the reader wants to remedy. The more intense and specific you are here – the more your customer can relate.
• Get Rid of the Foods that are Killing You Once and For All
• Get Rid of That Stubborn Carpet Stain Once and For All
• Get Rid of That Lame Mullet Hairdo Once and For All
Headline Formula #6 - Here’s a Quick Way to…People love easy answers when it comes to solving a nagging problem but knowing that it’s not going to take them a lot of time to achieve the end result adds further benefit.
• Here’s a Quick Way to Lose 5 Pounds for Your Reunion
• Here’s a Quick Way to Potty Train Your Little Boy
• Here’s a Quick Way to Backup Your Hard Drive at Home
Headline Formula #7 - Now You Can Have…This is the classic “have your cake and eat it too” headline — and who doesn't want that?
• Now You Can Quit Your Job and Make Even More Money
• Now You Can Meet Sexy Singles Online Without Spending a Dime
• Now You Can Own a Cool Mac Computer and Still Run Windows
Headline Formula #8 - Do something like…Gatorade milked this one fully with the “Be Like Mike” campaign featuring Michael Jordan in the early 1990s. You can use it successfully too!
• Speak Spanish Like a Diplomat
• Invest Your Money Like Warren Buffet
• Blog Like an A-Lister
Headline Formula #9 - Have/Build a ….You Can Be Proud OfThis headline appeals to vanity, dissatisfaction, or shame. No need to say more.
• Build a Lean Body You Can Be Proud Of
• Have a White Smile You Can Be Proud Of
• Build a Facebook Page You Can Be Proud Of
Headline Formula #10 - What Everybody Ought to Know About…This headline creates a big curiosity draw and it acts almost as a challenge to the reader to go ahead and see if they are missing something.
• What Everybody Ought to Know About Owning a Handgun
• What Everybody Ought to Know About Adjustable Rate Mortgages
• What Everybody Ought to Know About Unclogging Your Sink
Where to use your headlines?Once you have your headline created (and it’s quite possible you have a few good ones) – you need to make sure these are prominent in your marketing. Don’t hide your headline at the bottom of your website – place it right at the top. Make sure it’s the first thing people read in your ad. Headlines attract the potential client to your service or product. An effective headline helps communicate what you offer by demonstrating how it fulfills a need or by peaking their curiosity to read on.
As many marketers point out – the goal of a headline is to get people to read more, learn more and eventually buy. Choose wisely, my friend and the world can be yours!
Need help creating your unique headline? Call us at 800-596-6218 or
visit us at QLIXITE.com (Click.Site).
Want to Maximize Your Internet Marketing Dollar and get RESULTS? – Qlixite is Your Solution!